6 Summer Playdate Activities For Kids
At my house we are all about water. My two daughters love nothing better than to get wet. Unfortunately, since we live in Minnesota, outdoor water fun ceases in October and doesn’t resume until late spring. Because of that, I like to come up with loads of good, clean, wet fun while it’s warm. This is my plan for our next playdate with friends.
- Bubble Socks! We all are familiar with bubble solution that can be purchased at the dollar store. Maybe your children are more adept at producing bubbles with the tiny wands that come with the bottle but mine always seem to struggle. They blow too hard or not hard enough and never meet their own expectations. The Bubble Sock might just revolutionize our outdoor fun.
- Paper Roll Fish! I’ve been saving toilet paper rolls for awhile now in hopes that something interesting could be done with them. This craft fits the bill! Although the girls won’t get wet, they’ll make some neat fish to hang from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Water Balloon Pinata! If you click on the picture above it will take you to instructions for how to do this activity. I’m going to tie my filled water balloons to the clothes line and give the kids fly swatters to smack them. I’m hoping it will take a couple of swings to break them to give a little sense of anticipation, and squeals! If it washes off some of the paint from the previous craft that will only be a bonus!
- Squirt Gun Canvas Art! I’m not going to be left out of this activity because it looks like a lot of fun. Clear directions are included on the linked page. I can’t wait to see if any of their creations are worth framing.
- Ice-Cavating! A frozen block of ice embedded with plastic toys will be given to each child. Whatever they melt and dig out is theirs to keep. A visit to the dollar store should yield enough goodies to satisfy them.
- Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Bites! After all that hard play, I’m serving Cowboy Caviar with tortilla chips and these delicious Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Bites.
I hope you and yours are having fun this summer. Let me know what sorts of things you all are doing.